Pages

I've created this blog a few years back to keep track of my online life, the things happening in online games and my social networks.

These days you'll find my cocktail recepies here, poker news, my online poker tails, big boats, bad beats and brags about my life as a low stakes cash grinder and tournament player.

I blog about poker strategy on the EU Poker League's website - eupokerleague.eu. Head over tto the site and check it out! Great community, great players and great poker!

02 March 2012

WSOP 2012 Satellite Grind on PartyPoker


Been a while since my last blog but I guess today is a good reason to write a quick entry. The WSOP 2012 is coming up and today I headed over to PartyPoker to check out the Qualifying Structure for their WSOP Satellites.

I started grinding out their $9 Sub Qualifier Speed for a seat to the $75 Satellite Qualifier which satellites into the $750 WSOP Satellite Tournament to STAP at one of the $14,000 WSOP 2012 Packages.

Yeah I know sounds like a Satellite to Satellite to Satelllite to enter a Satellite, but it's actually not that bad. It's only 2 steps to the $750 tourney which seems very doable.

The $9 Sub Qualifier Speed appears to me to be the tournament with the best expected value and ROI. The field is (still) pretty small and with a 3k starting stack the 5min blinds aren't to bad to cope with.

I bubbled the first one with only 28 players enrolled and managed to come 5th in the second with 56 players. The 5th paid $16,80 so I almost broke even which is pretty cool and I'm happy with that.


In the second tournament I been dealt some sick hands. :)

I got A's twice in a row but sadly the first hand didn't play. When the Bullets came around again the hand played like a dream, Check out the Holdem Manager Replay . I flopped a straight to ace in the next hand with AT and took the chip lead for a while.

A few hands later I was dealt Jokers twice in a row calling off short stacks but didn't get to fortunate. The first player showed AK turning the A and the other player had A7o also turning an A. It was pretty funny actually seeing the ace come twice in a row on the turn and one of the players said: "That's your payback for getting A's twice in a row"... I guess he was right. ;)

My plan is now to grind out at least two of the $9 satellites a day for a seat into the $75 satellite and then take it from there. I'll keep my blog upated and will put up some of the best hands or whatever happens.

Let's see if I can make it into one of PartyPoker's $750 WSOP Satellites.. would be awesome!

Stay tuned! ;)

No comments: