Pages

I've created this blog a few years back to keep track of my online life, the things happening in online games and my social networks.

These days you'll find my cocktail recepies here, poker news, my online poker tails, big boats, bad beats and brags about my life as a low stakes cash grinder and tournament player.

I blog about poker strategy on the EU Poker League's website - eupokerleague.eu. Head over tto the site and check it out! Great community, great players and great poker!

08 March 2009

Integrating your product listings to your own site or blog

Hi all,
I have just been playing some with the Apez Developement API while I was doing some wiki editing.

What many Apez users don't know is, you can basically integrate many of the Apez services to your own website or blog. Using the API and Affiliate services you can even add your products to your site and allow your customers to buy them directly or through the payment processor (of course only if they have a Apez account).

If you scroll down a little and look at the right menu, you'll see a little test widget I have added to the Blog using the cross site EzBuy processor:

EzBuy is a simple cross-site payment and item delivery scheme where you put some special HTML form code or a URL link (described below) into your pages in order to provide a 'Buy' button or link for products. It could either be static HTML or dynamically generated HTML if you use server-side scripting to implement a shopping site.


This is actually the easiest way to link for example your latest product to your blog. All you need is a few lines of html code as explained here, add your product name, product ID and backlink URL's and you're ready to list your own products on your site.

Of course you can modify the code to add a preview image of your product, short description, rename the button and more. If you're experienced with web developement and LSL you can even create your own devices, tools and trackers using the Apez API.

I do some more testing soon, since I'm quite interested in "how much" you can actually add to a free blog or site with limited resources.

So stay tuned,
-Wise

No comments: